Check out the new program Erik’s has going on: http://www.eriksbikeshop.com/eriks-junior-apprentice-program.aspx
As a sponsor of the Wisconsin and Minnesota NICA series ERIK’S remains committed to the success of student athletes. ERIK’S also sees an opportunity to help support students that would like to learn a trade and develop skills as a Bicycle Mechanic.
ERIK’S is excited to announce our new Junior Apprentice Program for teens & high school students. Through ERIK’S Junior Apprentice Program, students will gain the skills and expertise needed to become a bicycle mechanic.
Upon program completion, successful graduates may be eligible for additional training & part-time employment as a Service Technician at any of ERIK’S 23 locations.
Details of the Program
- The Jr. Apprentice Program is available at all of ERIK’S 23 locations
- This program is designed for bicycle mechanics
- Winter season training program for teens age 15-18, currently enrolled in a High School within 10 miles of an Erik’s retail location
- Teens will need to apply for the program and write an essay on why they would like to be included
- Approved applicants will then go through interview process for final selection into the program
- Letters will be mailed to all applicants with notification of acceptance or denial for the program
- Program will run Now – January 31st 2016
- Applications due no later than December 1st 2015*
- Training will begin with online courses that lead into hands on bicycle mechanic labs and testing
- Teens that successfully complete the program may be offered employment with ERIK’S
How to apply for ERIK’S Junior Apprentice Program
1. Mail your letter of intent and application essay to:
ATTN: Jr. Apprentice Program
9201 Penn Ave S, Suite #1
Bloomington MN 55431
2. Email your letter of intent and application to our Junior Apprentice Program.
*Due to limited number of apprenticeships available, candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP.